If you have one or more vehicles to store and you need to do it economically, you should consider one of our high-cube 40-ft shipping containers. You can fit two vehicles in one of our containers—even a large truck like a Ford F-150— plus have extra storage for miscellaneous goods, spares, and supplies. Plus, the cost will be less than two outdoor spaces plus a conventional set-storage space. Here is a video that show good results. Check it out:
- They’re usually cheaper. Compared to unheated storage units, our shipping containers are less expensive on a per-square-foot basis
- They are larger. Most conventional large self-storage units only provide up to 200-250 sq-ft (10×20 or 10×25 ft). Our shipping containers are more than 300 sq-ft
- More usable volume. Our high-cube containers are 9’6″ tall. Compare that with only 8 ft of height in a conventional storage unit. More volume means you can store taller items and you get more storage for your money.
- Works with heavy machinery. If you need to pull up with a large truck, we have the space to do it. Most drive-up self storage units are packed closely together and make maneuvering difficult.
- We have material handling equipment that self-storage facilities don’t. Need a forklift to offload a delivery or to pull a trailer? We can help. Need to move or lift a heavy item? We have a heavy-duty loader/backhoe with all the chains and straps needed to get maximum use of your container.
- Containers are sealed and physically separated. What your neighbor stores in their unit will not affect you.
Thank you for storing with us, here are some tips to consider:
Battery-Heated Storage. In our heated storage we provide an electrical outlet for a battery tender. Make sure you get a high quality automatic tender that will shut off automatically. We reserve the right to refuse to use any sub-standard tender. This is the preferred method for more modern cars that require continuous power to remain properly programmed
We can also help you disconnect the battery while the vehicle is being stored. We have all of the tools you need for this, so no need to bring them with. Please note that conventional auto batteries self-discharge about 3% per month, so even after a full year there is plenty of energy to start the car.
Battery-Unheated Storage. We recommend that you disconnect the battery. If you want to remove the battery for the winter, we can keep it fully charged (for free) in our heated storage facility so it is ready to go when you come back.
Car covers. We recommend a breathable car cover to prevent your car from getting dusty. We usually loosely drape a thin piece of plastic on top of the covered car to protect against any drips. The cover does not have to be a custom fit since there is no wind to blow the cover off, so any generic breathable cover should be fine. Make sure that no straps are touching the ground.
Boat covers. All boats should be covered with a properly fitted waterproof cover. This is very important to prevent water from getting into the boat or settling on the cover and weighing it down. A tarp on top of the cover is a good idea as well to keep the boat clean. Make sure that no straps are touching the ground.
Stabilizer. Gas can go bad over time, and gummy deposits are caused by oxidation — and they can damage an engine. So be sure to use a fuel stabilizer. It also helps to add a fuel stabilizer when filling up at the gas station before storage. Make sure the fuel stabilizer is run-through the engine—not just poured in the tank.
Winterizing boats. Please ensure that your boat engine and plumbing systems fully winterized—even if it is stored in the heated garage.
Desiccant. We recommend that you leave a desiccant in the vehicle to prevent moisture from building up in the interior. You can purchase these from us or or buy them and bring them along.
Remove all food from the vehicle, then thoroughly clean the refrigerator, freezer, cupboards, countertops and floors. Eliminate anything that could attract insects or vermin
Cover the tailpipe and the exhaust hub (boat motors) with plastic wrap