This Storage Space Lease (“Lease”) is made and entered between 925MLK, L.L.C., an Illinois limited liability company, 901 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, North Chicago, Illinois 60064 (“Lessor”) and the above-listed party
——————– R E C I T A L S ———————
WHEREAS, Lessor desires to lease to Lessee and Lessee desires to lease from Lessor the premises generally described as PARKING SPACE
1. Lessor hereby leases to Tenant, the Premises described above for truck/trailer/equiopment storage
2. Tenant agrees to pay the rent herein provided subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
3. Rent shall be payable in advance for the total rental period
4. Upon receiving any payment of the rent, Lessor agrees to issue a receipt stating Lessee’s name, a description of the Premises, the amount of rent paid, the date paid and the period for which rent is paid.
5. Lessee agrees to use the premises exclusively for the storage of ABOVE LISTED ITEMS owned by Lessee and for no other use.
6. Lessee agrees to keep the Premises in good order and to advise Lessor or its agents of any needed maintenance or repairs.
7. Lessee shall not store any items outside of the Premises nor dispose of any trash outside of the Premises other than in containers provided by Lessor, if any.
8. Lessee shall not keep or have in or on the leased premises any article or thing which might be pronounced “hazardous” or “extra hazardous” by any responsible insurance company.
9. Lessee agrees not to commit a nuisance in or upon said premises so as to substantially interfere with the comfort or safety of occupants of adjacent buildings.
10. Lessor is not responsible for any loss or damage due to fire, theft, water, wind, or any cause whatsoever to the property of Lessee, nor is Lessor required to carry any insurance to cover same.
11. Lessee, at his own expense, shall obtain his, her or its own insurance, if any, to the property stored on said premises.
12. Lessee shall not sublease the Premises without the written consent of Lessor.
13. Lessee shall not make any alterations to the Premises without the written consent of Lessor.
14. Lessee agrees to make a security deposit in the amount of $0.00 (“Security Deposit”) to be used by Lessor at the termination of this lease for the cost of repairs, if any, to the premises caused by any act of Lessee and for a deposit on the key, if a key is provided.
15. Lessor agrees to return the Security Deposit to Lessee within twenty-one (21) days upon Lessee’s vacating the Premises in a clean condition and return of the key subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, if applicable.
16. Lessor shall have the right to enter said premises at any time to inspect same, to make repairs or to enforce the terms of this Lease.
17. Lessee, at his own expense, may provide a suitable means of locking the vehicle, giving a key or combination to any locking device to Lessor so that it agent may effect entry for any of the purposes enumerated above.
18. Lessee agrees to notify Lessor in writing 15 days in advance of vacating the Premises. At the end of the Lease term, Tenant shall surrender the Premises in as good condition as it was in the beginning of the term, reasonable use and wear excepted.
19. Lessee agrees that this Lease shall be subject and subordinate to any mortgage or mortgages now on the property in which the Premises is located (“Property”), or which Lessor may hereafter at any time elect to place upon Property.
20. In the event of any breach of this Lease by Lessee, which shall not have been cured within ten (10) days, the Lessor, besides other rights or remedies it may have, shall have the immediate right of reentry and may remove all property from the Premises; such property may be removed and stored in a public warehouse or elsewhere at the cost of, and for the account of, the Lessee. If the Lessor elects to reenter as herein provided, or should it take possession pursuant to any notice provided for by law, it may either terminate this Lease or may, from time to time, without terminating this Lease, relet the Premises or any part thereof, for such term or terms and at such rental or rentals and upon such other terms and conditions as the Lessor in Lessor’s own discretion may deem advisable. Should rentals received from such reletting during any month be less than that agreed to be paid during the month by the Lessee hereunder, the Lessee shall pay such deficiency to the Lessor monthly. The Lessee shall also pay to Lessor, as soon as ascertained, the cost and expenses incurred by the Landlord, including reasonable attorneys’ fees.
21. All notices required or permitted to be given hereunder shall be given in writing by any of the following means: (a) personal service; (b) electronic communication, whether by email, text (SMS), telegram or telecopier, together with confirmation of transmission; (c) overnight courier; or (d) registered or certified United States mail, postage prepaid, return receipt requested, at the following addresses: (i) to Lessor at the address specified above, or such other address as Lessor shall designate by written notice to Lessee; and (ii) to Lessee at the address specified above, or such other address as Lessee shall designate by written notice to Lessor. Any notice, demand, request or other communication sent pursuant to (1) either clause (a) or (b) above shall be served and effective upon such personal service or upon confirmation of transmission by such electronic means; (2) clause (c) above shall be served and effective one (1) business day after deposit with the overnight courier; (3) clause (d) above shall be served and effective two (2) business days after proper deposit with the United States Postal Service.
22. Lessor and Lessee agree that this Lease, when filled out and signed, is a binding legal obligation.
23. This Lease constitutes the entire Agreement between the parties hereto and may not be modified except by an instrument in writing and signed by the parties.
24. This Lease shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois.
25. If any clause or provision herein shall be adjudged invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or by operation of any applicable law, it shall not affect the validity of any other clause or provision, which shall remain in full force and effect.
26. No in/out access is allowed for unheated indoor storage. Any additional in/out access beyond the initial drop off and the final pickup will be charged $50 per occurrence.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have executed this Agreement on the date first above written.
DATE: AS INDICATED ABOVE
901 MLK Dr, North Chicago, IL 60064
phone: 847-775-1526 email: email@example.com